Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

I thought a topic about movies would be fun. Not just an account of "i saw that film" and "i like that" or "i don't like that". I thought a of real discussion :o: . What movie has stuck with you, and why. Maybe it was the subject of the movie, the acting, a particular scene, the soundtrack, a memorable phrase, a twist in the plot... you name it. Just tell us what and why :o:

Am going to think of some myself. I just wanted to make sure I'm not talking by myself here :cry:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

yeah...me again...just like on drugs , let's rock this place and word game :o: ..

i'm not in a cheery mood right now so the movie i'm gonna talk about isn't a very happy one. it's seven, you know, the one with brad pitt. the thing that really shocked me was the ending. and i don't think i'm the only one who was surprised by that final shot...and a shot it was..a gunshot. damn. and it's not like it surprised me because things ended up bad(altough that's pretty surprising considering that american movies almost always have happy endings) but it was incredibly sad. it wasn't exactly a comedy but nothing prepared me for what came after.......that's it for now.......

p.s i'm not in the mood for research right now, but i will return with my music about drugs theme

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

yep. that movie left me a bitter taste connected with the assumption of some to judge, and even worse, sentence others in the name of their own beliefs.

ok, the one movie i can think of now that has left me with some afterthoughts is the village.

apart from the fact that i am somewhat of an adrien brody fan, joaquin phoenix and the girl in the lead role (can't remember her name now) also had great performances.

i've been left thinking of how tabus are constructed, passed on and reinforced when questioned in tight communities; of how an outside threat, whether real or imaginary, creates cohesion within a group and shifts attention from inside problems - these questions are mere signs of professional deformation for me :o: . there are others, deeper and more meaningful: thoughts of the lengths some people go to escape the ghosts of their own past; of how human nature surfaces in primary instincts like love, curiosity, posessiveness, a certain murderous instinct - always; of how sooner or later any good intention is tainted by the need to inforce one's vision upon others, by matter of deceit, if necessary; of how far one's right to lead people allows them to intrude upon their free will... and others as such. a somehow bubbly elogy of the power of love has somehow gone under on me, under the weight of these questions.

and then, another interesting aspect of human behaviour is concentrated in something that, for me, was the most memorable phrase of the movie: "sometimes we don't do things we want to do so that others won't know we want to do them"

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

wow...heavy stuff :o: . a while ago i saw munchen. it was kind of wierd. it has an interesting subject and it starts ok...but all the way through the ending i thought it slipped... it's pretty shocking, especialy when you see the scenes with the terorists and athletes(by the way, what kind of athletes were they?...only one looked like a sporty tipe :o: )and this whole isralei palestinian thing is an overgrown version of the well known "neighbours goat". not only do they kill the goat but they find new and interesting ideas to torture and then kill it, and they advertise it all over the world.and you realise that all this idealism that bost sidea have is just a bunch of crap that lose it's meaning between all the secret agencyes and state interests. and all that reamins for us to see is just people killing each other. you also can see into the minds of the mossad agents...maybe the mind of every man involved in highly classified and deadly tasks. the one who leads the team is so affected that he becomes paranoid. he dismantles his bed his telephone(places they used to put bombs for palestinians) and finally sleeps in a closet. we are too small to understand all of this, because not even the people involved fully comprehend them

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I really like films that don't really tell the tale of a lifetime,but those which surprise a moment,a pivotal moment in someone's life.let's take Late Night Shopping.well first of all,not many people I know have heard of it,but anyway...it's about these unusual young people,working in the night shift and the interaction between them.it's surprising how 5 minutes can change everything.you'd think your relationship will last forever,but it won't.you think you'll never be able to change,but you will.you think that if you cheat nobody will ever find out as long as you're the only one who knows you did it,but it's a small world.besides that,I think the actors did a great job,they're not famous,but it was better that way,I wouldn't want to see keira knightley's face all over the damn place!!!

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

My fave film i have seen recently is "The exorcism of Emily Rose'. I thought it would just be another horror film, but it tells the story of a possessed girl and that of the priest who performed it.

But the thing about this film is that it actually made me stop and think about the possibility of God/Devil, Heaven/Hell and all the religious stuff that goes with it. And its not often films make me think about the subject matter.

A great film.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

From all the movies you've mentioned I've only seen the village and yes it was a memorable scene when the girl was holding her hand out knowing/ wanting to be helped...hoping for that help...not a moushy stupid feeling - like dependence and clinging to someone , but the safety of one's feelings; her own..she was sure he will come..so sure she was willing to sacrifice herself for that belief...when he caught her and dragged her in the house - he stepped over his pride and let his mask fall-let his true feelings show...and yes: sometimes prejudice and pride do not let us do things that are scary for us...giving ourselves away...sometimes we don't do the things...yes, i forgot that line - but it was a memorable line...

the last movie i've seen is hearts in atlantis-

have to go...i think i have a bug or a virus...keep yor fingers crossed...

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

aham...yes, that's right...that was the line...and phiuuu that was no virus , just my computer playing tricks on me...again...

about hearts in atlantis a good movie...a little sad - not much happenings...but i really like anthony hopkins..the way he tells a story is frightening...and I think that sometimes I would like to be a pshichic...

well it's movie about greed , but also about pure thoughts...the kid is cool...although his mother is a bitchie creature he always justifies her in from of others:)

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum