Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

Been anywhere good... tell us about it :unknw: Where are your most favourite places you have been to? Inside and outside of your home country.

Fave place in England would have to be my local area Dorset, but I would be biased. Is a beautiful place.

Fave places abroad I have been so so far would prob be Helsinki or Stockholm. Both very different, both beautiful and full of friendly people.

Went to the USA a few years ago, and that was really cool too. Went to Denver,Colorado, which is a nice city and state. Went skiiing in the mountains. Colorado is huge though and you need a car to go anywhere!

South Africa is nice too, people are very friendly. But I haven't really seen much of it as was staying in the middle of nowhere with my wifes family. Saw loads of cool animals though. Monkeys are as common as rabbits over there. Loads of game wandering about, and my favourite.... Meerkats!

Editat de Rogeroo

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

been there, done that :unknw:

like those souvenir t-shirts.

faves along with "my mother/father/brother/sister/friend/etc. went to [insert city/country] and all i got was this lousy t-shirt" :doh:

countries include austria, germany, the netherlands, spain and england.

each place has something special about it. there might be something special about the place, but i rather think it is the feeling that came along on the trip. i remember each fondly. maybe when i'll have more time, or rather, when i'll be more in the mood, i'll write about that.

absolute musts from trips abroad, for me:

1 t-shirt (at least :) ). and i'm picky about those. i don't get the "been there, done that" type.

1 fridge magnet (at least). picky again. most are pure kitsch. i want something both nice to look at, that won;t make me ashamed of having it on my fridge, and representative of the place. and if possible, as flat as they get, since my dad keeps knocking them off the fridge :cheer:

from romania... i haven't seen many of the large cities. of course timisoara is the best :cheer: (so say surveys, not me ;)). i've been to bucharest, but the only good thing (and i wrote thing, not person) about it is the many concerts they have. but no concert in the world could make me live there. i've seen tulcea brifly as a kid, don't remember much, but was impressed with the danube. sibiu is another childhood favourite of mine. the large square in the center seemed huge to me as a kid. that's where i ate my first ever icecream. it was lemon flavoured and yummy. other towns i've been to are relatively small. i have brasov and iasi on my list 'to see'.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

haven't been abroad, yet. and inside the country i haven't traveled to many places.

i spent a lot of time in brasov as i have relatives there and i really got to see a lot of it. nice quiet mountain town compared to the fussy bucharest. been to cluj a couple of times and still hope to go there again. like most transilvanian towns the old architecture is the thing that i like the most, and if they have remains from citadels or towers that's super cool. timisoara is first on my to go places and then i don't know, guess every city has a story of it's own and is worth visiting at least once.

i would lie to see the whole of europe. well, i would visit russia in the east but mostly i'd like to go westards. and maybe visit serbia and macedonia to see where some of my foreign relatives still live. i like snow very much so the scandinavian countries are top on my list. everything medieval is cool so that coveres almost all of western europe and england of course. i saw that there are some maurish castles in portugal and spain that are very well preserved. not so keen on visiting the u.s. maybe see some tropical islands as i like the seaside very much :doh:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
maybe when i'll have more time, or rather, when i'll be more in the mood, i'll write about that.

austria is the country i've visited most. austria is improper said, since i've only been to vienna and some trips in the surrounding area. i have an aunt living there, a cousin of my grandmother. i've been visiting once every four years or so ever since i was six years old. i guess then it is only natural that everything that comes up in my mind upon hearing "vienna" somehow bears that fragrance of childhood fascination. entering paradise maybe compares to the feeling of a six year old kid grown up in timisoara who sees luxurious christmas lighting all over a beautiful city for a first time, who sees a christmas market and takes in the colours, the lights, the huge tree in front of the city hall, the smell of christmas bakery and pine cones and roasted chestnuts, the humming of crowds and laughter of children and bells and chimes hanging on all stalls combined with the carols in the background. just like nothing compares with the joy of the eight year old setting foot for the first time in the amusement park prater, seeing more rides and trains and ways to be amused than ever imagined possible in the same place, riding ponies and winning a stuffed animal just as large on a lottery. so... that will always be special to me, even though the city has both lost that mystical aura it had while i was a child, and has changed a lot, being invaded by non-austrians (and if you know the dignity and pride of a proper austrian lady or gentleman, you know what i mean). while to some cities, it is exactly that cosmopolitan air that i find makes up their charm, i think for vienna it has pretty much destroyed it. but then agian, as said.,... it may just be that it lost its aura for me :)

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
If you have a great holiday somewhere, and decide to go back. I usually find the second time is a disappointment :D

that's too bad. well, then you should go to everyplace just once

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

i've decided to go back to both barcelona and amsterdam.

i've been on business trips and only had the weekend and a friday afternoon off in each. so i want to see them both thouroughly :D

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I wanna see Paris again. I went there last year, for just one day... lame! Still, I got to see some of the places I had in mind. And I've had them in mind for years, eversince I fell in love with the Impressionists and Montmartre. Not a very big Eiffel Tower fan, no matter how famous and emblematic it is. I preferred strolling the narrow streets in Montmartre and "visit" people dear to me in P

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
i've decided to go back to both barcelona and amsterdam.

i've been on business trips and only had the weekend and a friday afternoon off in each. so i want to see them both thouroughly :D

Have not been to either of those places, but i wanna :D Is fairly cheap for flights too from my local airport.

I wanna see Paris again. I went there last year, for just one day... lame! Still, I got to see some of the places I had in mind. And I've had them in mind for years, eversince I fell in love with the Impressionists and Montmartre. Not a very big Eiffel Tower fan, no matter how famous and emblematic it is. I preferred strolling the narrow streets in Montmartre and "visit" people dear to me in P

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum