Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal

Postări Recomandate

"Certain songs are like bookmarks in our life. Whenever we hear them, we flip back to that particular page and remember".... or something like this was a quote of the band Travis in the VH-1 show storytellers.

What this topic aims at, is identifying some of those bookmarks and the pages they bring back to your mind. It works like this: I will mention a song and the next poster, will tell us something about that song. What you associate it with, what period of your life it reminds you of, lyrics you misunderstood, a funny thing that happened while you watched the video, a special significance the song has to you, when you heard it first and what you thought of it then or anything random that comes to your mind when you listen to that particular song. Hope I made myself clear.

For the first song, since I've already mentioned and credited them...

Travis - Why Does It Always Rain on Me

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Besides someone dear to me, it reminds me that, the first time i listened to it, i automatically tried to remember what significant lies i told "when i was seventeen". I know it's silly, tell me 'bout it... And no, I did't remember anything that bad!

Next song would be...

Janis Joplin - Kozmic Blues

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

pfaaaa...the sweet period of my young&restless years of highschool ... first cigarette and first beer at the age of 15'en

next song

raiders on the storm - the doors

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

God.. I love that song... it always makes me think of a rainy afternoon.....I could even hear the rain drops falling on my window

next...

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Spell ( I love this song too :P I have a certain reason )

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

As much as I love Nick Cave, his version reminds me of the original sung by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, which is unlike any other version of this song; my next option would be C.C.R. And this song reminds me of the first blues collection tapes i listened to, borrowed not bought... Big revelation for me. :tease:

Next:

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth :P

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

ooooo, junior high reunions, this one :P

oh, and i remember a thing written in a pop-up-video bubble... that the guy in the video is berlinda's husband and he helped her kick her drucg addiction and thinking to myself 'that must be love' :crazy: :tease:

since Roo is not online yet... :

Phoenix - Fata verde

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

This brings me back to junior high, too. I had a classmate who had a pretty nice voice and he sang this song and "Nunta"; these two were his favs. He was the only left-handed kid in our class; our English teacher found that absolutely horrifying! :P

Next:

U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

love it, love it, love it, love it :tease:

if not the first, it must be one of the first u2 songs i've ever listened to, anyway, so easily one of the favourites. i almost always let myself drift into the song, if you know what i mean... i am there, high on desert planes, where the streets have no name :crazy: i find the song extremely uplifting... like an assurance that in the end everything will be fine, no matter what. and a 'recent' memory... from my last trip to bucharest, last august. i had my headphones on in the train to avoid any conversation, as usual :P and this came on. it hit me instantly and i just began writing :beee: so now i have a poem called street with no name (tribute to u2) :blink:

next:

madonna - justify my love

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

nothing..absolutely nothing..think i've heard this maybe once or twice. anyway i remember having a poster of madona when i was little and she was almost undressed and of course i was drooling over it :cheer:

black sabbath-paranoid

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum