Forum Roportal
Sign in to follow this  
Mallorca

Being British / American

Rate this topic

You are going to fill this topic in, not me :o: What makes you british / american, what types of actions/gestures/expressions?

Drinking tea? Eating @ McDonalds (american)? Being extremely polite? Using nigga instead of coloured person? I want as many cliches as you can come up with!

The british like talking about the weather. If you dont know how to start a conversation - start by bring up the weather subject. Especially with older people!

Americans will say "have a nice day" a lot :yahoo:
and most of the time they smile without a real reason ....is called false smile.

There are many differences with the way we do things too. For example todays date the english way is 16/01/07, but americans will write it 01/16/07.

and most of the time they smile without a real reason ....is called false smile.

This is a cliche. It's not false most of the time, they are just more relaxed and friendly than Romanians (or other nationalities). :blink:.

This is a cliche. It's not false most of the time, they are just more relaxed and friendly than Romanians (or other nationalities). :P.

how many years did you live in usa and were?

This is a cliche. It's not false most of the time, they are just more relaxed and friendly than Romanians (or other nationalities). :P.

americans relaxed hehe,i don`t think so.the stress is higher in us then in romania a poor country.regarding friendly ....they are very friendly ....sometimes only.cheap food and gasoline is their best friend.lol

btw i worked as a manager at four seasons and ritz carlton hotels in chicago before my spinal cord injury.