Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal
The Bitch

Top 10 places to stay away from if you

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

I could write down the other 9 places on the list but why make a short story,long? Let me talk about one: Romania.I think putting this country in top 10 is good enough.Top 5 would have been a bit of a stretch.:good:

Now…how did I come to such conclusion may some of you ask? First of all I have to start with the most important aspect of Romania and that is the fact that more than 85% of it’s population is Christian orthodox,a branch of Christianity that has the least tolerance toward other religions even towards other Christian denominations such as Catholicism.Regarding Islam and Muslims,eastern Christianity and it’s adherents have an even narrower view.All we need to do is remember the Bosnian so called ethnic cleansing (aka. religious purification by it’s true name) or the wave of outrage at Kosovo’s independence,to understand how loved and welcomed are Muslims in Eastern orthodox Europe.

Another important thing is Romania’s own history is the unfortunate fact that it has been repeatedly attacked,plundered and occupied by armies of the ottoman empire from around 1300′s onwards.This past which is part of Romania's history does not help in any shape or form with the appeasing of of anti-Islamic sentiments Romanian people have harbored ever since they were old enough to open a school manual and read for themselves.

Those two factors are the foundation of things-to put it that way.Many other factors will be introduced later in the Romanian society,such as the vast influx of Arab nationals.Some coming to study,some to venture into business while others just to have a good time in a still cheap (back in ’89 and through the ’90′s) and unexplored ex-communist country.With this influx of foreigners (arabs) of which the majority were Muslim,came the inter-faith marriages and relationships phenomenon,who took the Romanians by surprise and made them furious.

This practice was not at all welcomed by the locals given the fact that their women ended up converting to a strange and pagan religion (seen from a Romanian point of view) which on top of it all was the religion of the people who occupied and oppressed their country for the better part of the last millennium.Other points of discontentment were the traditional and cultural divides between the Arab men and the Romanian women.

At first,Islam in Romania was known and understood through stories of war,conquest,the myth of forced conversion,eunuchs,caliphs and women’s harems.That was the general picture from the history books and specialty literature.In the modern era,Islam came to be viewed and understood in Romania through the western media and the global propaganda-war on terror scenario.Their unilateral way of portraying Islam and Muslims only helped to consolidate an already existing image and resentment.

But lets’s go back to the beginning of the interfaith-inter-cultural marriages trend that began to grow even more after the communism regime fell in 1989. Regrettably,a lot of these marriages ended up on a bad note to say the least.The brides usually moved to their spouse place of origin,but within a few short years they would end up back home with heartbreaking stories to tell.Some of them were forced to convert,some beaten,some locked up,some lost their children,some had to escape,some lived in poverty and conditions worse than those in their own country.

Interestingly enough is the fact that success stories were never surfacing,never being told,never in the public eye.We all know that bad news always get the prime spot,while good news tend to be pushed aside as if they doesn’t exist.That begs the question…could it be that there really were no success marriages? Could it be that all these Arab-Muslim men who married those girls were rotten as people eventually came to believe about all Muslims? Or could it be that already existing negative sentiments were fueled even more by these sad stories and the temptation to generalize was just to strong to overcome? I can tell you that the majority of Romanians do not feel is unfair to portray Muslims and Islam in a dark light.They feel that our reputation is justly deserved,that the unfortunate experiences of these women are the norm in our society and that IF there are any success stories those are a rare exception.

They feel that we are primitive in our mentality,that our culture is backward or that we have none,that our religion is violent and cruel,that we worship a pagan deity,that we oppress our women and that we are blood thirsty criminals bend on world domination through Islamization….if that’s even a word.

That’s what the majority of Romanian people think.The average Joe, so to speak.

Of course there are people who know better that to judge 1.5 billion people in the same manner.Those are people who met Muslims,who have Muslim friends,who have traveled to Muslim countries…but these people are in such minority.The vast majority of the country I will define as strongly anti-Islamic.

I have met and talked to Romanians throughout my life and I must say that I have been confronted with a lot of hatred and resentment toward us and our religion.Women who marry Arabs are considered whores who sold themselves for money or at least the promise of it and those who convert to Islam as well as marring are considered worse than that…traitors…who betrayed their country,their family and community,their culture and their religion.Being a muslimah in Romania is no walk in park especially for those who wear hijab or the veil.You think that Muslim women have it difficult at times in the west? Think again and pay a short visit to orthodox eastern Europe.Within a month time you will be called every name in the book,in plain sight on the street,malls,stores,public transportation,etc.You will fell like locking yourself up in the house out of your own free will and never stepping foot outside again.

Those born to mixed families have it a little better in such that is considered not their fault them being born to a Muslim father.They are often pitied if they were raised to be Muslims and usually the parents are blamed for brain washing the poor child into such a satanic and cruel religion.

Those who don’t think that we are all a bunch of terrorists,think at least that we are silently supporting terror.Muslim women are seen as illiterate, oppressed, submissive,robbed of any human rights,objects to be bought,sold or discarded like garbage,slaves of men with the status of vegetables or animals.That has been my conclusion based on my experience in all those years gathering what Romanians think.

Muslim men are seen as harsh,unforgiving,brutes,violent,fanatics,dangerous,uncivilized, tyrannical.

Need I say what the opinions about Islam are? I think not.The clear picture emerged already from what I have written above.

So...are you thinking to visit or move to Romania while Muslim? Well, good luck to you and may Allah bless you with thick skin,lots of patience and grace to face all the discrimination, prejudice,resentment,disdain,disgust,humiliation,ridicule and even hate that will come your way.

My advice is to stay away especially if you’re a woman or if you are somewhat sensitive to such things.There are better places in the world for you to visit or to move to.If you happen to be a convert to Islam living in Romania,I congratulate you on embracing Islam and at the same time I feel sorry for you because of the way you will be seen and treated.You should start making your way towards EXIT !

Ma Salaama and God have you in His care.

Editat de Naeema

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri
I could write down the other 9 places on the list but why make a short story,long? Let me talk about one: Romania.I

The title of the topic is: Top 10, so, please write down the other 9 places, or, as you say, make this story a long one. First place, or, among other places is, Romania.

Second place...

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Second place...

After talking about about this 1 place the other 9 don't matter much, especially since the title of the topic is not meant to be taken literally.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Romania racist? :P

I can't speak for the rest of Romania, but I am "racist". I prefer the company of people who can speak my language. I prefer the company of people who know and understand my history. I feel safer among my own kind.

Why is it that only white nations must allow every race into their lands? Why don't you ask these questions in Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Ecuador, Kenya, India etc...?

1.Australia

The percentage of racism in Australia is highest in the world.

That said, as the Cronulla Riots showed, there are racists there as there are anywhere and there are a lot of them

2. China

look -Xinjian

Just curious as to how many muslims China has allowed into China and given full social secuity benefits and all of the other benefits that Indians or other ethnic groups get in Europa

3. Serbia

4. Croatia

5. Hungary

Editat de FNF

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I happen to know many Aussies and I have no idea where that conclusion of yours is coming from. I can guarantee there's a lot more racism in the States, as there are a lot more idiots there. Australians are renowned for their literacy and open-mindedness, which is another way of saying they are hardly comparable to some ignorant, narrow-minded, paranoid red-necks.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I have no clue how and why the conversation became about racism.I guess this must be FNF's favorite subject.

Note to FNF: this is not a topic about racism,but then you knew that...:P

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

To be honest I lived in Romania for 2 very long decades and I've never heard any prejudice against Muslims; then again maybe I wasn't listening as I had no interest in the matter. I've always thought Romanian people knew quite little about Muslims, as there aren't that many there compared to the Orthodox population plus those of other faiths. And to be even more honest, I only know the basics myself, and I really can't understand why people would be discriminated against if they do no harm at all in a certain country. There are other ethnic conflicts there, which can be explained in some ways, but I don't see the reason for Muslims to be discriminated against in a country like Romania. Religious extremism on both sides would be a reason, but I think among locals it's actually dying out nowadays. Of course there is the endless flow of yankee propaganda on Romanian tv channels :P .

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
To be honest I lived in Romania for 2 very long decades and I've never heard any prejudice against Muslims; then again maybe I wasn't listening as I had no interest in the matter. I've always thought Romanian people knew quite little about Muslims,

You won't hear about the prejudice because you aren't a muslim yourself and I imagine muslims are not on the usual conversation menu for romanians.What I mean is that the subject with all it entitles won't just pop up out of the blue when romanian people talk to each other. They have other things to discuss or worry about.

When the sentiments and opinions come to the surface is when they encounter muslims.Then they have something to express which most of the time is not of a positive nature.

It's true,most romanians know little about muslims but that little that they know is exactly what I mentioned in my opening post.That little bit of knowledge consists of stereotypic notions which are deeply rooted.

Editat de Naeema

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

That's really sad.

My only notion of Islam is out of books and whatever I read online, but as I understand, it has very pure values and people's mentality has nothing to do with hostility and all that, which at the moment is circumstantial. I quite like the fact that people keep nakedness and physical beauty where it belongs and for whom they think should look at it. I have no idea why western culture sees that as offensive and only associates is with the abuse that women are subjected to in certain countries.

Editat de Finnian

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
I have no clue how and why the conversation became about racism.I guess this must be FNF's favorite subject.

Note to FNF: this is not a topic about racism,but then you knew that...:)

racism or discrimination.... same s....!

If you're muslim you should stay away from Australia and soon Europe.

Europe:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...lar-mosque.html

:P

Editat de FNF

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum