Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal
Anonymus Kline

Your opinion of romanians

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

i live in UK, but always this newspaper, the times, has something with romanians... i think no one believe their articles anymore...

I couldn`t say, because I usualy read The Independent...

This is actualy one of the rare ocasions in which I read The Times.... because it was in my school`s library.... :D

The thing is, you get big scandals from artwork, and things, and newspapers get away with it....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7023835.stm

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2535862.html

http://forum.darwincentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7985

Editat de Anonymus Kline

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Well i'm English and i think the point they were trying to make was nothing to do with someone being Romanian. They just should have said 'Eastern European' and 'North American', and not Romanian and Canadian. The article was not meant to be about Romanians at all and the writer should not have used any one nationality as an example.

Reading the whole article in context it's fine (except the romanian example) and makes an interesting point. One newspaper does not reflect the whole country!

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

but they have that stupid argument that we fought for hitler. we did no such thing. we were never nazis and we always fought for our country and nothing more. that reference to romanians is an insult to us. should we dig up all the horrible deeds of the brittish empire and throw it in their face. would that be fair?

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

They somehow missed the small detail that the Asians had the best of the Sixties and Seventies ....and London, Manchester, Bradford and so many other british towns are a living testimony that the opportunity HAS BEEN USED EXTENSIVELY.

Maybe it's time to let also some OTHER people have a bit of luck ?

Why would a select educated native be afraid of the grandchildren of uneducated romanian sheepkeepers ? :roll:

Surely there is no problem competing these poor educated lazy east europeans ? :doh:

Or maybe not ? :doh:

So....see you in the workplace ...brother brit :o:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Well i'm English and i think the point they were trying to make was nothing to do with someone being Romanian. They just should have said 'Eastern European' and 'North American', and not Romanian and Canadian. The article was not meant to be about Romanians at all and the writer should not have used any one nationality as an example.

Reading the whole article in context it's fine (except the romanian example) and makes an interesting point. One newspaper does not reflect the whole country!

Yes, I understand, but why not let the dead rest? Had they not said the hitler bit, maybe I wouldn`t even have noticed it... maybe... It was wrong of him, WW2 has no connection to this

Let`s clear some things... Romania was not nazi or fascist... The Legionaries, altrought similar, were not such things...

Trought the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact we kindof... lost a big portion of the country to the URSS... there was a need to fight them, and we needed our german allies to do that..... My great-grandfather died doing this....

See attached file for map of Romania in 1941...

Btw: Maybe we should not allow hungarians, bulgarians and people from countries which were in the URSS in 1941, just because their grandfathers did... something bad :roll:

post-85604-1192466844_thumb.jpg

Editat de Anonymus Kline

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
What did you say?

Don't worry...

We already talked about this subject long enough.. let's forget the past (as a man who likes History, I never thought I would ever say this) and look at the future... or at least try to... :o:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum