Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal
Shadowdancer

A song per day

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

Ok... here it goes.

Tell us about one song per day. One that you like, that you've listened to a lot lately, that you recommend, that you can't stand... Just give us the reason. Tell us a bit about the song, don't just throw in the title of it. Just don't abuse the topic :crazy:, make it one song/day/poster. That way we can keep it going a long time :huh:

Melissa Etheridge - Come to My Window

I really like Melissa's voice, though I only know a couple of songs of hers. She is on my "to check out" list, though. The video has a strong emotional message as well. The song kind of passed out of my memory until a couple of days ago when I was writing my blog (not the Roportal one) and I found myself humming this song, so I looked it up and listened to it again.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

the song of the day is deftones-knife party

there are several reasons for my choice. i absolutely love the song, it reminds me of someone in my recent past (and these days i thought about that person) and it has such a nice video. this is the acoustic version, the real version is even better

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

From the series "un-famous songs of famous bands" now... The band in question is Matchbox Twenty and they are among my favourite artists, though they are famous in the US rather than in Europe. More fame has acquired here the lead singer and main songwriter of the band, Rob Thomas with his solo album Someone to Be and the singles thereof, Lonely No More and This Is How a Heart Breaks, as well as with the duet Smooth with Santana (yeah, he's the dude).

Anyways, with Matchbox, as with many other bands, I find that some of the best songs (or the ones I like best) remain well hidden on the albums. So, this song is not a single, ut a track of the most recent MB20 album, More Than You Think You Are. I've mentioned it before in the lyrics game thread. Since it's not a single, there is no video for it, but I found a compilation of some tv series moments, I think, that features the song as a soundtrack.

Matchbox Twenty - Cold

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I think the original of this was the Byrds version, followed by Bob Dylan's, but I wouldn't bet on that. However, this is the version that always gets to me. Whenever I listen to this intently, I start crying. First time I heard it was in the soundtrack of Brokeback Mountain, perhaps this is the reason to it - the connection I immediately make with the film. Again, no video made, but there is a youtube-video with images from the movie. If you take offense at (the suggestion of; nothing really explicit in there) gay relationships (which you shouldn't, but there are weird people out there), don't watch it, but listen to the song nevertheless. It's worth it.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)

I love this song , everytime I'm upset , it cheers me up , in one way or another :sorry:

in matter of fact , I'm listening to it right now.... and I'm dancing and singing.... :resent:

this song always makes me dance , even when I'm in a cab, for example .... :huh:

Editat de Angel of pain

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

"I'm only happy when it rains, I'm only when it's complicated...". Shirley Manson is in my opinion one of the best female voices / frontwomen of the new generations, up there with the likes of Sharleen Spiteri of Texas and Gwen Stefani of No Doubt. She has a very recognizable voice and at the time Garbage emerged as a band, I thought they sounded really fresh. Their older songs are still my favourites, with this particular one standing out. Apparently it is about the way we like to complicate our own lives. Enjoy.

Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

hm , today , it will be

Inxs - Afterglow

I love this song.... it's not really my type , but I love the lyrics , and of course , the guy's voice :lol:

just pay attention to the lyrics.....they're great.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

ac/dc back in black

this song has a great semnification: the ac/dc vocalist died and everyone thought ac/dc died too. but brian johnson came out and told everyone that they were not dead. they were back. they were back in black. i really like this song and i listen to it whenever i'm depressed or something:P

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

U2 - One

:yahoo:

I simply don't know why , but I feel a big attraction to this song :crazy: . Well , maybe because it has some great lyrics. (as you can see , I'm obsessed with the lyrics :D ) . Anyways , U2 is a great rock band , it makes really good quality music! :)

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

The song of the day is:

Andain - Get up

I really like this song because it makes you think about tomorrow, no matter what yesterday was like. You should get up and go on with your life and let go.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum