Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

has anybody read h.p. lovecraft? i haven't but i know that he wrote some sort of sf-horro novels. but the fact that is most intersteting is that bands like iron maiden and metallica found inspiration in his works (the call of ktulu, the thing that should not be, read closely what it says on eddie's tombstone on the cover of live after death)

post-23344-1168593063_thumb.jpg

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri
has anybody read h.p. lovecraft? i haven't but i know that he wrote some sort of sf-horro novels. but the fact that is most intersteting is that bands like iron maiden and metallica found inspiration in his works (the call of ktulu, the thing that should not be, read closely what it says on eddie's tombstone on the cover of live after death)

not really novels, but rather short stories, if you will. i have read some in a collection of his writings called "the monster on the doorstep". while i am not necessarily a fan of the genre, some are pretty well written with a nice built of atmosphere, while others i didn't quite like. beware however if you jump at lovecraft because you expect monsters and stuff. it's got nothing (obvious) to do with that type of 'horror'. the guy is a master at building psychological terror more than anything else, terror encountered by various characters who meddle with things that shouldn't be meddled with, as in ancient supernatural forces.

if interested, you can find more here, including his writings: http://www.hplovecraft.com/

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I read now "Mary Magdalene, a biography" written by Bruce Chilton, a professor of religion and a priest. It's quite interesting and fascinating but I don't agree with all his ideas. Anyway...it's for people who are really interested in the history of religion.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

the very first book in english i read,was looong time ago: George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion

U cant imagine how much I've laughed reading it.It was great.But it was preety difficult to find english books when i was a kid,so didnt read that much.It's only not that ive come to read a bit more. I'm reading Philip Yancey's second book,in english and i enjoy them.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Now i am reading the Passion of mind by Irving Stone.. Nice book :pardon:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum