Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal
Shadowdancer

music makes the world go round,

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

there, we were missing this. a topic about music. not a particular style or band or period, just music. what gets you going, what are your faves, what do you listen when, is it one genre mainly or a colourful (or rather, soundful) mix? always music or only sometimes? any artist you want to recommend, anything in particular you haven't searched for, any song with a special meaning you want to share more about... oh, and of course, gossip from the music biz :yes:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

I'm bored of music. Everyone listens to 'something', but I rarely can call it music. Barely, rhythmic noise. Yet, it's all around. People buying iPods, mp3 players, cell phones with mp3 capabilities ... endless options to consume music. But try to tell someone that his music is not interesting, or important; try to teach anyone some musical theory. You'll be cursed worse than a thief. Because you'll be trying to steal one's pleasure of consumption :focus:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

True - i know a lot of people that i cant have a normal conversation about music with cos my taste may not be the same as theirs, which always bugs me. All they can say is that what I like is crap. I love music, and like most types from pop to indie, or rock, techno - I listen to them all ! How you listen to them is not important, its the content.

I love live music too but dont go as much as i like.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
what gets you going, what are your faves, what do you listen when, is it one genre mainly or a colourful (or rather, soundful) mix? always music or only sometimes? any artist you want to recommend, anything in particular you have searched for, any song with a special meaning you want to share more about... oh, and of course, gossip from the music biz

i have a pretty eclectic mix in my playlist. i'm open to suggestions, i try stuff i think i might like. when i've made up my mind, i keep or delete it. i have two main sorts of songs on my mp3 player - "calm" ones and "alert" ones - help when walking hurriedly somewhere :P i change them when i get bored. i have songs i like in many genres, even in some i don't frequently listen to. i usually listen to music when it doesn't interfere with what i am doing, but not always. sometimes i prefer silence. sometimes i throw in the whole mix and set the player to random, at other times i only listen to one artist, or one genre, or one particular album. there are also times when i keep just one song in constant loop.

But try to tell someone that his music is not interesting, or important; try to teach anyone some musical theory. You'll be cursed worse than a thief. Because you'll be trying to steal one's pleasure of consumption :huh:
nope. because you're interfering with something people enjoy. tell them their clothes look horrible. tell them to stop having sex. tell them their religion stinks. tell them to auit smoking - all these are ways of consumption, agreed, but they are things that are important to people. depending on how important they are (well, and how well they cope with criticism :P), their reactions will be accordingly.

All they can say is that what I like is crap. I love music, and like most types from pop to indie, or rock, techno - I listen to them all ! How you listen to them is not important, its the content.

I love live music too but dont go as much as i like.

lol, not all that you like. just the cheeky girls :haha::):)

second bold sentece - valid for me too. most of the times because i am lazy :)

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I think i would rather listen to what ppl usually don't listen.i never liked to go with the crowd especially when it comes to music.I grew up with Del Shannon and Beatles,cos' they were my sisters favourite,but in the end i got to like the jazz style,and the classic music,probably two of the non popular type of music amongst the 'crowd' .So I listen to most of the music that makes the world go round ... but i love the one that is quite unique .My favourite will remain Nicu Alifantis and any swing-jazzy music.

Editat de AnnaCondor

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

I like what I like, for me its simple. I do go through phases of particular types of music though. I think I have listened to every type, with the possible exception of country music :roll:

I have listened to pop, rock, jazz, classical, alternative, punk, foreign, latin, swing..... the list is endless(ish)..

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

lol, i've heard "i don't feel like the dancing" by the scissor sisters again today. that's such an instant feel-good song for me. what a shame the feel-good-feeling only lasted till i got to work.

what else. oh, yeah. crowded house. i knew that after the split neil finn started recording solo, i have his try whistling this album, doesn't sound bad at all. i recently saw that tim finn, the other mastermind-brother behind the band also put out a solo record. so now... instead of one crowded house, we got two :offtopic:

i was also wondering if anyone heard anything of s club 7? i know that rachel-something put out a record at some point and then... over and out. i was reminded of this because i was passing through the living room and on tv was a south-american soap about a band. as far as i know, it's the second one... i wonder what happened to the first "band" and then i remembered it's not the first project of this type, since s club 7 had one.

also... what do you think of talent-scouting shows like pop-idol and pop-stars and the like? do they really manage to pick out the most talented? do those people fit together? i mean... it takes more to form a band than to put together 5 people and give them three songs... do they last? which ones last? etc. etc. etc. etc.... :fool:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Rachel Stevens had a number of hits over here. Some were ok but she's sort of disappeared now, am not sure what happened to her. Another former member of S Club joined a boyband put together by MTV UK in some sort of reality thing.

I love watching pop-idol, but what you have to remember is that this is a TV show first and foremost and if any of the hopefuls get anywhere from it then it's a bonus. I have not really liked any of the winners stuff from the ones in the UK, and at least half the winners have now been dropped once their record deal expired. There is a girl called Leonna in the current one and she is by far the best ever contestant thats been on any of these shows - she has an amazing voice :offtopic:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum