Sari la conținut
Forum Roportal
Mallorca

Pointless chattering about a futile theme

Evaluează acest topic

Postări Recomandate

Trying to correct the mistakes of the users is pointless, my dear. As far as I've seen, the ones that make the most obvious mistakes, shout the loudest. They'll only be upset by your initiative, and will end up learning nothing.

You have a point. :crazy:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Distribuie pe alte site-uri

Alright, ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of us. "Exhilarating" might be translated in your native tongue as "palpitant". Next time, use a English-English dictionary, and a good one, like Cambridge or Longman, otherwise you might end up in the middle of nowhere. Sorry, my spelling was wrong.

Ares, you're smart. But still you didn't get the idea. The "why" in front of the sentence is used as an interjection, and is does not mark the beginning of a question. Hence, my version remains standing. Of course, you will never come across this construction unless you read some books in British English. Their American counterfeits are simplifying the language, for they are incapable of dealing with complicated matters :crazy:

Dear Heidy, if you are not in the mood, please relax and allow yourself a moment to rest. Light a cigarette. Don't worry, since the god of war tried to wreak havoc in this topic, we will fight back :lol2:. Just lay back and watch the show.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

so sayeth the demon :crazy: the angel decides to rest for the moment due tu a sudden and most unfortunate lack of inspiration

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

And the blue monster might want to learn my name properly. If not by personal desire, then I will enforce its correct usage. By the way, I did not get your metphor with the 'angel'.

And the dAemon still awaits Ares' pickup of the glove. Today you've seen only the sparks of the fire that is to be.

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

maybe the demon (for i was reffering to the spiritual side) should hit the refresh button and notice the slight metamorphosys eddie undertook. for all to know: serafim means fiery one and it referes to a group of angels

i guess you noticed "the" in front of demon..i know better than to say "the daemon" :crazy:

Editat de seraphimovic

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Ares, you're smart. But still you didn't get the idea. The "why" in front of the sentence is used as an interjection, and is does not mark the beginning of a question. Hence, my version remains standing. Of course, you will never come across this construction unless you read some books in British English. Their American counterfeits are simplifying the language, for they are incapable of dealing with complicated matters :lol2:

And the blue monster might want to learn my name properly. If not by personal desire, then I will enforce its correct usage. By the way, I did not get your metphor with the 'angel'.

And the dAemon still awaits Ares' pickup of the glove. Today you've seen only the sparks of the fire that is to be.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Unfortunately neither I nor my native British colleagues have taken your idea. When it comes down to their native tongue, I have strong reservations that a Romanian can win over the Brits, So no sparks lad!

And yes

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Ok man, in the meanwhile I learned that you are not in the country; from what you say, can I make the assumption that you are living in Britain?

Anyway, you still did not tell me if the way I organised that leading sentence is correct or not. However, you are good at bragging; I will take lessons from you!

So good luck learning it ! :crazy:
. If that was your way of being ironical.. I did not assume that I am the ultimate expert in the language, but you under-estimate our capabilities in learning this language. So? Explain me like you'd do it to a 90 years' old lady, why I am mistaken. Thanks!

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Dear Heidy, if you are not in the mood, please relax and allow yourself a moment to rest. Light a cigarette. Don't worry, since the god of war tried to wreak havoc in this topic, we will fight back :( . Just lay back and watch the show.

i'm already as relaxed as a kitten lying borred at the sun is. :crazy:

Although, if you want to seem great, let me tell you that reading two or three books written in British English won't make me scream your name. :lol2:

Ok man, in the meanwhile I learned that you are not in the country; from what you say, can I make the assumption that you are living in Britain?

Let me tell you that your assumption is pretty bad. :good:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post
Although, if you want to seem great, let me tell you that reading two or three books written in British English won't make me scream your name
Since you did not count my readings, let us not waste our time by bragging and responding to other's bragging, ok?

So, my assumption is bad. If you are knowledgeable, share the information, don't let me in the dark, to lumber in an futile effort in my quest for the truth. Shed some light onto my humble mind :). Peace!

Editat de daemon

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

so... :angry: what was the pointless chattering about...?

don't mind me...i was just looking around, could off topic talk be considered pointless chattering?...hmm?

I'm wondering now...am I off topic or just right in the middle of the topic...

:crazy:

PS:hope nobody will throw cabbages and tomatoes at me...my spelling is not always right :angry:

Partajează acest post

Link spre post

Creează un cont sau autentifică-te pentru a adăuga comentariu

Trebuie să fi un membru pentru a putea lăsa un comentariu.

Creează un cont

Înregistrează-te pentru un nou cont în comunitatea nostră. Este simplu!

Înregistrează un nou cont

Autentificare

Ai deja un cont? Autentifică-te aici.

Autentifică-te acum